Thursday, July 12, 2012

Meet CYWA Volunteer: Sokha Khom


Volunteer Profile

Who:
Sokha Khom,  Student / CYWA Volunteer 

How She Learned about SILAKA:

I’ve learned about SILAKA through friends. I want to learn from SILAKA how to write the project, how to improve our society in order to help the poor who are in need of help, how to organize Press Conference, how to work closely with people in community, and I also want to learn and share experience and knowledge  I’ve learn from abroad to people in Cambodian so that we can develop our country.

Why Volunteering with Us Appealed to Her:

I prefer to be a volunteer in SILAKA because I learn that SILAKA has good principles and many good projects which aim at enhancing and helping the people whose rights are being violated and are being treated badly. Those higher ranking and more powerful people want the benefit from them without thinking about their right and pain. In addition, SILAKA focuses on the protection and promotion of women´s right, and this can help women to have right to a decent living in the society like other people.  I hope that SILAKA can teach and help me to improve my personal capacity, improve my knowledge and stimulate me to have a will to make a change and develop my country.

Interest:


I love reading, traveling, listening to radio and music, watching movies and playing sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment